Sunday, January 08, 2006

Old photos

I've created some galleries on Flickr where I'll be posting some of my favorite photos permanently. Many of the photos in the mountain gallery were posted here once, but there are a few that I shot pre-HighlandsCam. So far the collection is just a few photos but I'll be adding to it as I go along.

This photo is of the most photographed spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway, so you all know where it is....


And, I should note here that one of the most prolific commenter on this blog (well, practically the only commenter) is Sonia from Brazil, who has her own photoblog called Leaves of Grass. This one's worth checking out for the lovely photos of tropical plants and trees, her 'walks around my neighborhood' and for her recent post gathering up lots of photos of the beautiful buildings in downtown São Paulo...

2 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh! Liz! I am so grateful for your kind words about my blog! I am very proud and very happy with your compliment! Thank you so much!

I love so much yours photos and text! Always is a pleasure to make a visit to "Southern Highlands Cam"!

Love your Mountain Gallery, too. "Mabry Mill, Blue Ridge Parkway" is a lovely dream. I wish to stroll around this scene. Would be great!
The "View from the Blue Ridge", is a gorgeous place! What a wonderful view!
“Near Blairsville” is so bucolic and romantic.
All the 19 photos are truly amazing.
Did you live in this beautiful region and neighborhood?

Rurality said...

You know I've seen a million pictures of this mill, but never one from that vantage point!

Interesting to put in in perspective.